Caesar salad was named after Italian-American restaurateur Caesar Cardini who is said to have invented the salad in Mexico to attract tourists in his restaurant. Originally the salad contained Romaine lettuce, bread croutons, boiled eggs, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. His brother prepared a new version by adding anchovies and the salad became very popular.
Prep Time 30 minutesCook Time 25 minutesTotal Time 55 minutesServings 3 personsAuthor indrani
- 1 Iceberg lettuce chopped
Tandoori chicken tikka
- 450 gm boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 to 4 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tbsp ground red chilies paste
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 th cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard and green chilies paste
- salt to taste
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Bread cut into square pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated paneer
- Tandoori chicken tikka
- Marinate the chicken with all ingredients for 30 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius
- Pass the chicken pieces through the skewers. make a paste of red chili and oil and brush the chicken pieces with this paste. it will add a nice color.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees.
- Char the meat directly on flame till they get burnt bits on the surface.
- remove the chicken from skewers and break them into small pieces.
- 1.beat the egg yolks with garlic ,mustard paste,lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add olive oil slowly in a stream and beat.
- 3.Slowly the mixture will thicken and form a thick but runny dressing.
- Toss the bread pieces in olive oil till crisp
- Pour 2 to 3 tbsp dressing in an wooden bowl
- Add chopped lettuce
- Toss gently
- Top with tandoori chicken tikka and bread croutons
- Add grated paneer